Related Article: Save on School Supplies Please add your tips in the comments!
- Get your kids involved make it a scavenger hunt with prizes. (ie. the person finding the most freebies gets to stay up late or first choice of the Freebie Booty.) Making it a game helps make them more open to the idea.
- Shop Recycle Sites-Such as Freecycle , Freesharing,or Sharing is Giving. Make your wishlist and post it on several forums that are close to you. Remember to offer an equivalent number of “Offers” to keep yourself in good standing. See the full list.
- Think Green! Recycle old supplies – Check with high school or college grads to see if they have leftovers. Younger students infer “celebrity status” on items with the name of the school on them. It’s also easier to persuade kids to reuse when they’re involved in revamping the old ones with decorations.
- Share textbooks – Although it is not the ideal solution, I once got through an entire University course using a text from the library.
- Local Business Freebies-besides calendars. local businesses often have pens and rulers A dentist’s office might be very happy to get the extra advertising!
- Think outside the box. Some diaper sites have great backpacks they giveaway, that would be suitable for younger students.
- Win Free school supplies. In addition to points programs, like Shopper’s Optimum, there are game sites, such as Chapman’s Ice Cream, where your family can win school supplies for free. See Rewards Programs Info.